Sunday, March 15, 2009

Lady Ver



Lady Ver de Gris is done. I'm still trying to get good pictures. As you can see, my initial setup wasn't great. I need a broader background, and better light. I'm filling out the paperwork. I need a general artist statement, and artist statement on the piece. And it needs to be in Bellingham by 5pm Tuesday! So tomorrow morning, once I pick up everything the wind is blowing over, I'll try again. Now is when I could use Photoshop, but I don't have it. I'm fairly pleased with how she came out. She looks like she is out for a walk in the fall, with a fairy message in her hand. The only thing I purchased was a package of copper pot scrubbers. I haven't stretched my "crafty" side for a while, and this fits the bill! Her base is a square cake pan, painted and decoupaged with leaves cut from wrapping paper (I think my mom used it on a package sent to me). I used some black #6 plastic and shrank it for her belt medallion and the piece in her hand. Her skirt is brown nuagahide with copper paint brushed on. I definitely got to use some of my bits and bobs!

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

She is just wonderful! Good Luck.

flyingbeader said...

She is lovely. I'm a doll maker too & I just adore what you did her. Was she for a contest? I bet she surely turned some heads.

dot