Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Barbie Boobies

Yes, the title says it all! Meghan got some Barbie clothes for her birthday, and they were on little plastic torso forms. I of course kept them, cause they look like something you could use for something. I had out my air-dry clay, and used the form as a mold to make this piece. I'm thinking use them as a form to mold felt, and bead them - a study in breasts lined up in a shadow box. A friend of mine has a thing called Feel Your Boobies on her Facebook page, I recently finished the square for the breast cancer quilts, and there are beaders I follow that are currently fighting the disease; to see perky little Barbie boobs seemed appropriate somehow. A soaper friend has ideas for the forms as well.


This is Ver's face. I finished painting it today, while caring for a sick kid at home. Meghan thinks she needs a crown. I have some broken jewelry pieces that would work, so we'll see!

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Ver's face is great. I concur...she needs a crown!

I love your Barbie Boobies. Please post your finished project. Should be interesting!!!

Sue said...

I totally love her hair!!! And I think she will look lovely with a crown.