Monday, March 9, 2009

Aiyah!

There I was, happily sewing away on a new shirt for me, ignoring the complete beady mess I had laid aside on the bed, when Louie (our completely adorable, frisky, crazy black cat) walked on my bead board, spilling it onto the floor! I had at least 10 different colors on it, in neat little piles. Did I mention how much I HATE bead soup? So, I've picked the beads up, have them in a bowl, and will sort them out (Yuck!) probably (better be!) soon. They are the beads for my competition doll. Then as I'm cleaning off the bed so DH can get some sleep, I spilled my sewing box. Thank goodness the pin box was closed! I was afraid of what I'd do to the computer, I seem touched tonight! BTY, the picture came from an article on spilled beans, hopefully I managed to link it to the picture!

I did manage to get a pair of pants finished for Jenna, and all but the hand sewing on another pair of pants for Jenna and a shirt for me. We're going to Georgia in June, and I want cool (in both the weather and fashion sense) stuff to wear.

Ver isn't finished (big surprise). She now sports a very bright, kinky hairdo, courtesy of some copper pot scrubbers that I dismantled. Her stocking top shirt is slightly coppery and just needs sleeves. The stuff for her skirt is painted, I just have to figure out how to make the skirt. Her feet - now that's still up in the air. Oh, and a base, she needs a base. And finish the cuffs on her gloves. And possibly a staff/scepter/stick thingy. And so on and so forth.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I'm also in the neat-little-pile-hate-bead-soup camp! A few weeks ago, I put a tablespoon full of shiny dark green 15s into the bag with the matt 15s of the same color. Would you believe I spent 2 hours separating them back out again???? Akkk, I feel for you. Robin A.