Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tulips, lack of beady progress

I haven't done much beading lately. Friday we went to Tulip Town with friends. If you're not from around here, the valley is a large tulip bulb growing place - they have a month-long festival. I was

trying something different - taking pictures of the tulips from the ground looking up. My BJP fabric for April has tulips on it, and my colors are red, purple and sky blue - I was thinking of doing something like my Under the Fairy Ring piece from last year. That's the first time I used felt to raise my embroidery off the background, something I totally love doing now. I obviously won't get April done in time, haven't even stitched a bead yet. The hummingbirds have come back in force this month, sounding like large bumble bees as they fly between our feeder and the neighbors'. The goldfinches are also here, and I have a few feathers gratis our cat. I'm not sure how much of that will make it into the piece!

I've been trying to clean up my act (literally)around the house the past couple days - I don't focus well on June Cleaver tasks. I am grateful that my DH has a job that enables me to not work outside the home, so I try to keep things tolerable for him. Left to myself, I would probably end up with a house that looked like my room as a kid - a pathway with sometimes minor hurdles from the door to the bed - and that's with tons of storage! Organization is a skill I'm still learning!

I've also been sewing lots lately to get summer clothes ready. There's 5 things ready to put together, and a stack of fabric still waiting to be cut. At least I know the girls like what I'm making, they're wearing them already! Jenna's wearing a dress that doesn't have buttons yet!

I'm still trying to crochet bracelets when I have time. I just need to put the clasp on 3 of them now - the latest one is oil-slick colors. I'm faltering on the doll again - the whole put-it-together part is slowing me down. I need to get some curved needles, maybe that will help my dilemma. Sigh. Maybe if I can keep up with the housework stuff, I'll have more time to sew and bead!

1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi Joan

Well it sounds like you are just like all the rest of us. Too many things to do and not enough time. It doesn't matter if you work at home or out of the home. I am having a terrible time right now balancing it all out. I have decided to "encourage" my two grandsons that live with me to take more responsibilities which will help with my load.

Good luck and I am looking forward to your next page.

Carol