Sunday, September 7, 2008

Gearing up for BJP

Well I've got lots of photos for the week, none of which have actual beadwork! I'm done gearing up for this year of BJP - I selected fabrics, planned my pieces, have all of my paper sewn to the fabrics. I have a picture of Sept's fabric and a cool raku leaf I bought. I'm doing a drawing to see which beads I will use each month. Since my storage cases have 7 lines, I'm using a deck of crazy eight cards, minus the eights. I draw 3 numbers to correspond to a bead - which case, which line, which space. Sept is trans AB purple, navy and black 15's. It has nothing to do with the fabric, which for some reason the buttons make me think back to school. I usually encrust my pieces, so that's ok - hardly any of the material will show.


The other pictures are of my workspace - a dilapidated student desk that had a painted, glued, sticky, dented top until we put a piece of laminate on top. We got the laminate at the ReStore (great place!) for under $3 and I have enough yet to possibly do the door and some edges. The shelf above is also laminated on top, and I made a "banner" of the sample pictures from Robin Atkins newest book to remind me of the different techniques. I just need to get an Ott light to replace my ugly desk light!

3 comments:

GraceBeading said...

Looks like a GREAT start! I look forward to watching your progress.

KV said...

Wow -- this will be fun to watch develop! Great, fun idea . . .


Kathy V in NM

Robin said...

Well, it may not be a large space, but it looks very inviting, colorful and organized! Also, I love your idea of continuing the BJP and having both years in/on one piece! For the BJP I'm working on allowing fabric to show, but for other bead embroidery, I also cover the entire fabric. It's fun to try to figure out how it influences my work, especially when the beads and design seeminly have no relationship to the fabric. Hugs, Robin A.