Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sept Done


All I got done this week was my Sept BJP piece, but at least it's done. Now I have the rest of the month to catch up on the rest of my work. The photo isn't the greatest, I forgot to take it during the day, so it's awful lighting, sitting on my cut-up kitchen counter. The crystals are for my daughters, watching them go back to school. The angel charm is for a miscarriage in the family, as well as the spikes in the lower left corner, my thoughts were spiky. The irid purple, navy and black worked out pretty well. Oct will be tricky - matte amethyst, lime green (limited supply too!) and turquoise 15s.

13 comments:

pam T said...

Very beautiful page, Joan!

pam T

heidibeads said...

Joan - very nice - I like the leaf in the middle and the angel of course. Great colors for next month - I can't wait.

Marty S said...

Just beautiful!
Marty S
Crackpot Beader

nologic said...

Beautiful. I love the colors.

Sabine said...

Hello, Joan,

your September page is beautiful and very pleasant to look at - even though it is not only about pleasant things.

Sabine

Tracey Leeder said...

How pretty Joan! i love the leaf in the middle and what each part of the project represents! What a nice tribute. Tracey

Padparadscha said...

It's lovely, very graphic, and I love the symbols you used !

Robin said...

Yes, it is really beautiful! Amazing to scroll down to the post below and see the fabic you used... I love the representation of "spikey thought." Looking forward to your next 11!!! Robin A.

KV said...

This is just so lovely!


Kathy V in NM

Timaree said...

Wonderful. I love that leaf. A beautiful way to remember those you have and one who isn't with you now. Hmmm, I think my thoughts would be more than spiky but we are working with beads not words here aren't we?

Joan Cromley said...

Thank you for all the comments! A few days ago I found instructions for doing curled fringe (not twisted - actually curlyques) which would have represented my thoughts better, but that's part of the process of learning.

Julie said...

Oh, I just love this piece. Is the leaf clay? And what is its size? Julie C

Joan Cromley said...

Julie - the leaf is raky fired clay, about 1" across. The picture doesn't do it justice, it's almost irridescent in color!