Sunday, August 10, 2008

4 Star General


The first picture is a ring I made using aquamarine and blue zircon Swark. crystals. The ring band is done using elastic thread, so it fits really comfortable, but I'm not happy how the top turned out, and the metal finish is already wearing off the beads on the band - it will get redone after a while, but it's cool to wear for now. The other picture is a pin that's in progress - it's for a town volunteer who has gone above and beyond. Someone said she deserved a gold star, and she replied she wanted four - so here is her four star general's pin. It's about 1"x3" on blue cotton fabric. The background in these pictures is the formica that will soon (I hope!) be covering my work desk - the surface now is covered in paint, sticker residue, you name it. I got the formica at the Re Store, where they sell recyclable building supplies, for under $3!

No comments: