Monday, September 14, 2009

Yamka Wuti

Four months later, she's done! Yamka Wuti (Flowering Woman) got entered in the All Dolled Up competition, just barely in the nick of time! Major stress, but definitely worth it. I was ecstatic that she made it in the running. Now I get to finish a stand for her, and send her in! She made it to the top 6! There were 12 entries. I'll post a link here as soon as it get's published on the net. Voting counts for 25% of the final score, so please tell all your friends when it becomes available.

Now I get to finish my BJP pieces, starting with April. I'll have some mornings to myself soon, so hopefully those will go fast. I've signed myself up for a hand challenge. I'm considering taking 2 copies of Jenna's hand, back to back, minus the thumbs to make an octopus. I have some green wool felt, and lots of sea-ish colors (of course - they're my favorites!). Hopefully you'll be seeing more results from me!

5 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

HI!
Glad you are back! Been missing your posts.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

OOPS! Forgot to say Congrats!!!

flyingbeader said...

Hey CONGRATS! Carol wrote & told me that you were one of the 6 semi finalist for the Land of Odds All Dolled UP contest. Me too! Are you just as anxious to share you piece with everyone like I am? I can't wait until it is time to post all the dolls so we can drool over them. Got to check out the rest of your blog. See you are a bead journal project member also. I so hope Robin has the Retreat next year so we can all met each other...dot

Joan Cromley said...

Dot, just getting her entered was my goal - to be picked for the top 6 is amazing! I can't wait to see all the entries, and to see how everyone interpreted the theme! But next competition's doll I'll hopefully start more than 4 months before the deadline!

flyingbeader said...

Ditto! I was going to start mine last year, but I kept procrastinating. Next time, I'll start early too or even think about doing a collaboration. Can't wait myself as I do know some of the other finalist.

dot