Monday, July 20, 2009

Inspirations


My mom has a book that gave me some great inspirations for beadwork. It's about flowers made by knitting or crocheting. The diagrams for the crocheted ones could really be useful to make them with beads - substitute 3 beads for a double crochet, 2 for a single, etc; or as a size guide for doing peyote or brick stitch. Sorry the picture's sideways! Some of the samples are very realistic, and done in beadwork would be stunning as a pair of earrings, or on a neckpiece. I would like to try some, and use them for dimension on some pieces. Another when-there's-time project, to file away for later!
In other news, my doll's got her skirt on, so she's about half done. The skirt was done with calico over artist paper and lined with chamois. I'm working on her torso now.

No comments: