Sunday, June 7, 2009

Busy in so many ways

So, this is a pic of some of the bracelets I've made. I haven't done much beading, I've been sewing instead - we have a trip to GA coming up, and I'm making dresses and clothes for the girls to wear (and shorts for me). And then there's the multiple meetings for my civic, scholastic and scout duties.

I have made some progress on my competition doll, take 2. I've made a bird image for the skirt, that has fringe on the tail and wings - it's to represent a phoenix, and looks so cool! I so wish I could show you! The base for a butterfly is made, but I'm having issues with it's embellishment. I want to have wings that rise above the base wing, but it's eluding me so far. I got the stiff felt to start a turtle and bear image as well (all for the doll).

I'm not sure if I'll have more or less time to bead once school is over - the girls are great at self-entertaining, and I won't have my classroom time commitments, but I have outings and craft days planned, and I'd like to be outside when the girls are, to keep an eye on them, and I don't have a good place to bead outside. I'll have to think of something. Anyone have suggestions? I have got to get busy, with the doll deadline and I'm so far behind on my BJP!

1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi Joan
Can't wait to see your doll. Dolls are my first love, then purses.

When I bead outside I have a picnic table to work at. Or, in another area, I have a lawn chair with one of those small summer end tables. I use my version of a bead tray which is a tray from the Walmart party section. I paid $2.50 for it. I cut a pc of suede cloth the size of the diameter and attached with spray adhesive. I use glazed terra cotta 4" saucers for beads. They stack nicely and keep whatever I want separate. Works good for me. If you need to stop for a minute, just put the tray on the table and do what you need to.