Monday, January 19, 2009

Necklace Series


Well, this week didn't go as planned (do they ever?), so I didn't get any work on my BJP. I did manage to finish 2 necklaces. I purchased some chip board circles and ovals from a specialty scrap book store a while ago, intending to cover them with beadwork of some kind. These are my first 2 creations using that chipboard. I did the beadwork on fabric, which was gathered around the chipboard and backed with material that had been gathered around poster board. The edges were then sewn together. The necklace straps are bead crocheted and have a magnetic clasp. The beadwork went pretty quickly, and I'm looking forward to making more. I have a silver and African turquoise one in the works, but I'm not liking it so far - I'm either going to embellish over the silver, or frog-stitch most of it (frog-stitch is take it out (rip-it, rip-it)). Hopefully these pictures will enlarge when you click on them - if not, check out my Etsy site in a few days, I intend to post them with some detail pictures as well. The face on the green necklace is made from air-dry clay, painted with acrylic paint and coated in 2-part epoxy for a glassy finish.

No comments: