Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Banner

The picture I'm using for my banner is from a bowl that I am making for my mother. She couldn't find anything she liked in one of her favorite stores while visiting me, so I told her to buy a necklace and I would make a bowl out of it.
The bowl is done over a gourd, with the section that was sawed off for the top used for the foot and side pieces. I only threw away a little nubbin of gourd. The beads on the bottom are leather disks done mostly in brick stitch. It's not done yet, as I intend to take the wires it was strung on and weave a top for it! I only have a few beads left, and hopefully they will be included. The idea is for the necklace clasp to be able to close the top, with it hinged using the bars that held the strands.



This is the original necklace, the pieces of the gourd and a tube of beads I thought I would need (I haven't used them yet). I'm waiting to do the lid until I get a good pair of crimping pliers!

No comments: