Well, I've started the lid for the gourd bowl, using the wires the necklace was strung on and the last of the beads. I only have 1/3 of the wires in. It's interesting weaving the wires in, very free-form. I'll use the chain from the necklace for the hinge when the weaving is done.
This pendant is done with a chipboard base. It's pale blues and silver with a touch of purple - it makes me think of denim. There are jump rings sewn on the ends. It's backed with the material the front is sewn on, a beige slightly batiked cotton. I want to make a silver chain for it. I liked how fast this worked up - there's something to be said for instant gratification. I put some black rat tail cording on and wore it this week - it feels nice at the base of the neck, looks great in a v-neck shirt.